6/26/10

Time heals all, and heels hurt to walk in..

I like that title, because time is definitely what we've been having apart, I've been so busy I haven't had time to take pictures of my looks! uhm well, hahah! I definitely am working on the Fashion Week stuff to show you guys MY favorite looks of this year!

But until then I wanted to introduce you guys to a new shoe designer named Nicholas Kirkwood! His shoes are amazing and he has been featured in the hit TV show 'The City'.. Here is some fun facts

Name: Nicholas Kirkwood
Age: 28
Occupation: Shoe designer
Home base: Borough, London
Retail standby: I don’t get much time to venture out shopping, so its usually online: brownsfashion.com or luisaviaroma.com.
Music venue: The Last Days of Decadence
Favorite concert: Mogwai at the Astoria in 1999 — it was so loud and visually incredible.
Music: Phillip Glass, Depeche Mode
Provisions: On good days, Borough Market; otherwise it’s my local cost-cutter.
For gifts: I could do with being a little more original, but usually it’s shoes or booze.
Restaurant: Bistrotheque on Wadeson Street; for amazing Argentinian steak, Buen Ayre on Broadway Market.
Drink: Margarita, red wine, bloody mary’s
Party central: I’m always up for a good house party with friends — although it’s not so good if I have work the next day.
Momentary style obsessions: Cashmere cardigans and washed leather lace-up shoes.
Reading material: Usually whatever magazines I pick up on my travels.
Art pick: Anish Kapoor; Tim Noble and Sue Webster; my new obsession is the work of the architects Aranda/Lasch.
Museums: The Whitechapel Gallery has recently reopened after two years of renovation. I haven’t been along yet but I’m keen to check it out.
Movie: “The Life and Death of Peter Sellers”
Vacation destination: I so want to go to the Maldives in August. I’ve been checking it out online, it looks like paradise.
Something you are looking forward to this spring: Some sunshine.

Nicholas Kirkwood’s London Neighborhood


View Nicholas Kirkwood in a larger map
Here are some of his favorite haunts in London that he visits regularly. The map above is interactive; click on the blue markers to learn more about his spots.

Borough Market
on Fridays and Saturdays has an amazing old world character and the best place to do the weeks food shopping.

Wright Brothers Oyster and Porter House
; I recommend the wasabi oysters.

The Garrison Public House
on Bermondsey Street for a good gastro pub Sunday lunch.
The Blueprint Café at the design museum, for dinner it has amazing views over the river and tower bridge.

okay and here is his newest collection

No comments:

Post a Comment