8/13/10

"Above Average"

First look at the title and you think that I'm talking about some Spelling bee, but actually I'm referring to a clothing line that's in the works by the Fashion MAVEN Marc Jacobs. He was going in about it on his twitter, and was explaining how, he already does a up to a size 16, but he wants to expand, which will eventually expand his global business. 

The same people didn't believe me when I said I was doing children's. Or dog toys." Bark Jacobs"Or a book store."Book Marc" Why? about 15 hours ago via Echofon


That was a tweet made when the idea was thought about. 


Justin's Opinion: I think that this is going to be amazing. Coming from the perspective of a person who is not "Sample Size" a high fashion plus size brand is just the beginning of an amazing transformation in the fashion world. It will be more accepting of the biggies. But in the same sense, will this make people think its okay to gain weight because they will still have their high fashion. Will this make models less self conscious because they can still become plus size? 



Anywho check out some pictures I found from a shoot for Plus Size MALE models! 




I like the pants in the last picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment