6/1/10

INTERVIEW Lorine Chia (Musician)


Hey guys! So VC Magazine is always on the look for talented people in Cleveland. And I was doing my browsing through my Facebook and I seen an FB video of this amazing young lady named Lorine Chia! She's from Cameroon a country in West Africa, and relocated to Ohio, where she resides in Willoboughy. Her style is sort of Corrine, mixed with some Colbie Calliat! But I'm going to let you decide by listening to a song she did for us!



After I heard her voice, I knew she HAD to be on this issue, so I caught up with her to do an interview with her!

Tell Vc Magazine a little more about yourself.
Im Lorine chia. im 17. im Cameroonian. Im a very chill layed back and down to earth type of person. I guess in one word mellow. I love to laugh. Im known to be very goofy. Im not really the average Betty haha. Im one of those kids who were teased a very great! deal in school. Trust me it was the worste. that was like from first to 9th grade. So i harbor a lot in my mind. i don't really show emotions. im not really into what all the kids are into these days like wild parties drinking and smoking. I'd rather for smell the flowers lol..One little secret im going to tell you is that ive never even had my first kiss yet. haha its so funny because that should have happened already lol but its all good. Never in the drama scene. im pretty low key. As you can tell i love music. I guess to round it all up im a pretty chill real person taking life one day at a time as God gives it


What are your plans with your music after High School?


Plan is to try to get my music out there and hopefully get signed. but if not im going to minor in music when im in college and just keep trying.



What genre do you classify your music as?


I classify my music as indie/alternative.



What thoughts or feelings do you want people to have when their listening to your music?

I want people to basically feel what im putting out in that particular song. Get them to understand why im feeling that way and it helps them get a better understanding of who i am. I am also a very humble person. i don't have much but i do appreciate everything that i have. Like all i have right now is my camera and thats what im using to put my music out there. Surprisingly a lot of people still like it. I don't really have the means to get into a studio yet but im going to keep trying because the main thing i want out of this life is to go from place to place sharing my music all around the world. Hopefully i will succeed





How old were you when you decided to take up music?

I've always love music. Since i was little i would sing and be in the church and school choir. but i have to say it wasnt up until april that i started taking it so serious. My friend asked me to do the talent show with him and the judges were just like i should also do a song
by myself. after that night people were just like amazed and i love the feeling and i wanted to keep doing it.




What artist infuenced your music the most?
My main one is kid Cudi because when he flows it's from the soul. I feel everything he's putting out there. I mean im not a weed smoker haha but i love his music. His style is so different and thats what i aim for.


Why'd you choose the guitar over any other instrument?
Mostly because my dad played. He had two of them so i just picked it up one day and decided i was going to teach myself how to play. I loved the sound of it and i wanted to know how to make such a lovely instrument sound great. Everytime he would play i would think to myself like im going to do that lol.



Can you play any other instruments?
I used to play the trumbone, in 5th grade (i Know a dorky instrument) but i love it lol. And also the violin. Haven't played that in a while but it's still so fresh in my mind.




How long have you been playing Guitar?
Most people don't believe me when i say for about a year now. I started last April 2009



How do usually begin developing a song?
I just start strumming my guitar and go with the beat. If it's a beat i fall in love with then i will definitely write something to it/




What advice do you have for those who plan on taking up guitar?

It takes a lot of practice and you need much patience for it. What ever you do never give up on it because when you learn how to play you will appreciate it. Then you can brag to all your friends and say "hey look i can play guitar" haha jk and for the ladies a dude loves a girl with a guitar haha jk =)

No comments:

Post a Comment