10/2/10

He couldn't have said it better.



 That was Bryan boy of the infamous fashion blog Bryan Boy speaking on his experience working with H&M and styling an shoot.

What I wanted to point out was his quote in regards to Catholic School. He said that he felt so restricted and couldn't really open himself in regards to his attire. He stated that Catholic schools are very retsricted. He said he would borrow his moms magazines and during lunch would go through them. I feel exactly like he does, since I do actually attend a VERY restricted ALL boy catholic school, where Fashion is actually looked down upon as being "Girl Stuff". Apparently, since I'm an 15 year old boy I'm supposed to be playing football, getting my penis sucked, and playing video games. The life right? WRONG. That wasn't how I was raised, and it just wasn't things I am accustomed too, and can never see myself becoming accustomed too.



 That is why, on Friday nights, I'm usually deep into someones fashion blog, or nose deep into a fashion publication. I study the art and marvel at the high designer pieces that I will one day attain. In class I like to think about Fashion Week, and the surprises you get from each and every one of the designers, artists.


At my school the rules are simple. Get your education, Go to college, Get married, Have kids, and Retire in Florida.But where in between are you supposed to find yourself?  Hence my last post.

Don't get me wrong there are some pretty amazing people at my school, and those are the ones that I choose to surround myself with more simply because their mindset isn't bias, and they don't choose to discriminate. I adore people like that because honestly, in 2010 that's very important to have, an OPEN MIND. 


I'm not going to go into a big rant like I usually do, I'm just going to conclude that, like Bryan Boy said. Catholic school, with all of its restrictions, actually rebounded me into becoming a more creative being. It makes me yearn to explore things that I can't find in the school.  My advice to people who are being restricted from being creative due to their schooling, create a blog. Create a place where you can go and not be restricted and say what you want to say. Like me. I love my blog and honestly, its the place I can go to just speak my mind, regardless if it makes sense or not.






Love and Light
Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment