7/18/10

The Original Black Barbie.

I was doing my usual surfing of the web, and I seen this website called VogueBlack which is a website featuring the African-Americans in Vogue. You guys should really check it out. However, when I went in deeper into the site, I seen an link entitled "The Black Barbie Issue" and it made me interested so I clicked it. And learned that Vogue actually dedicated a whole magazine to the 50th anniversary of the Black Barbie. So it showed Barbies dressed impeccably from head to toe, in reality situations, and I was astonished at how real it looked.  I wanted to share with you guys, some of the pictures. I thought it would spark controversy, however, no one was exactly disturbed by the photos and this issue, had a high sell rate. Circa 2/10

Photobucket
Photobucket
My favorite one because the stylist is in the back
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
60's inspired
Photobucket
LAST but not least. African Queens
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment